On Friday (June 4), Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter and Square, made several interesting comments about Bitcoin and his commitment to it at the Bitcoin 2021 conference, which is being held in Miami (4-5 June).
Here are a few highlights from Dorsey’s conversation with Alex Gladstein (who is the Chief Strategy Officer at the Human Rights Foundation) at a session called “Baking the Unbanked”:
- “Bitcoin absolutely changes everything.“
- “I don’t think there’s anything more important in my lifetime to work on.“
- “Whatever my companies can do to make it accessible to everyone is how I’m going to spend the rest of my life… If I were not at Square or Twitter, I would be working on Bitcoin… If it needed more help than Square or Twitter, I would leave them for Bitcoin… But, I believe both companies have a role to play.“
- “I don’t think there is anything more enabling for people around the world.“
- “We don’t need the financial institutions that we have today… We have one that is thriving, that is sound, that is owned by the community and that is driven by the community, that has this incredible and amazing consensus that always manages to do the right thing over time. It’s noble, and it’s so rare and so unique. Anything that we can do to build it and protect it, we’re down to do.“
On Friday, Dorsey also tweeted about Square’s intention to build a hardware wallet for Bitcoin.