Our policy in full
1. Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online, on mobile or on the Red Button service.
In order to provide you with the full range of FortuneZ services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
– what information FortuneZ may collect about you;
– how FortuneZ will use information we collect about you;
-when FortuneZ may use your details to contact you;
-whether FortuneZ will disclose your details to anyone else;
-your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Find out more about FortuneZ here > About Us.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’FortuneZ’’ we are referring to FortuneZ, FortuneZ.com (but only in relation to FortuneZ’s use of information collected via FortuneZ.com).
3. What information will FortuneZ collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of FortuneZ’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text FortuneZ, vote, donate money to a FortuneZ charity appeal, book tickets for a FortuneZ event or create an account using FortuneZ’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable FortuneZ (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in an application to be a contributor on a political party we may need to know your political leanings). When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
4. How will FortuneZ use the information it collects about me?
FortuneZ will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
– to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
– for “service administration purposes”, which means that FortuneZ may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
– to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide. For additional information, please see the UGC FAQS (User Generated Content Frequently Asked Questions);
– to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
– to personalise the way FortuneZ content is presented to you;
– to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, and (not limited to) to establish the number of visits from different countries.
– to analyse and improve the services offered on FortuneZ websites;
– to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. FortuneZ may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
Where FortuneZ proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will FortuneZ contact me?
FortuneZ may contact you:
– in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that FortuneZ can deliver the services to you;
– in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about FortuneZ products or services;
– in relation to any contribution you have submitted to FortuneZ, e.g. on FortuneZ message boards or via text or voicemail message;
– to invite you to participate in surveys about FortuneZ services (participation is always voluntary);
– for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how FortuneZ will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
FortuneZ will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will FortuneZ share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within FortuneZ. However, sometimes FortuneZ uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. FortuneZ requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and FortuneZ requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on FortuneZ websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to FortuneZ website and its pages or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any FortuneZ service, FortuneZ may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where FortuneZ reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), FortuneZ may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to FortuneZ. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How long will FortuneZ keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with FortuneZ or FortuneZ‘s corporate retention schedule (a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). If you cancel your registration as a FortuneZ website member and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while FortuneZ cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute material to FortuneZ we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required , or even permanent, duration, for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
FortuneZ, as a privately funded organisation, also has an obligation to record snapshots of history which may include some User Generated Content i.e. content provided by the public. Therefore, some content submitted to, or shared with FortuneZ may be retained for prolonged periods of time or potentially indefinitely in FortuneZ‘s Archive, which is true of News contributions which are published. There may also be rare instances where we will share your contribution with third parties in the interests of maintaining historical archives (e.g. lookbooks, campaigns, etc.). Where possible, we will endeavour to inform you upfront or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely or pass it onto an approved historical archive.
11. Can I find out what personal information FortuneZ holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information FortuneZ holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge SGD$15 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. Cookies Policy – Information FortuneZ collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On FortuneZ website and pages, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
c. Third Party Cookies in embedded content on FortuneZ pages
Please note that during your visits to FortuneZ website and pages you may notice some cookies that are not related to FortuneZ or the FortuneZ’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Getty, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. FortuneZ does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. Find out more about third party cookies in embedded content.
d. FortuneZ cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through FortuneZ website then you can find out how to do this in the Managing Cookies section of FortuneZ Privacy & Cookies website. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites’ features.
13. Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests, however, you may opt-out of tracking on this website, including analytics, by changing your cookie settings here.
A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties. FortuneZ will continue to review DNT and other new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once available.
The Data Protection Officer