Revolutionary Maltese blockchain and AI legislation will come into force on 1st November, coinciding with the Malta Blockchain Summit.
In more news from the Blockchain Island, also known as Malta, Junior Minister for Financial Services, Digital Economy and Innovation, Silvio Schembri, has set the 1st November 2018 as the official coming-into-force date of the revolutionary Virtual Financial Assets Act (VFA) and the innovative Technology Arrangement and Services Act (ITAS).
The acts will come into force during the Malta Blockchain Summit, which takes place on the 1st and 2nd November at the InterContinental Malta. The summit will be celebrating the introduction of the VFA and ITAS with a program of complementary events, conferences, a Hackathon and an ICO pitch, and will see some of the industry’s biggest name in attendance.
According to the official website, Eman Pulis, Malta Blockchain Summit CEO, commented:
“We’re delighted that the timing coincides so perfectly. We’ve always said that we’re here to support the conscious efforts being made at the national level to make Malta the primary jurisdiction for blockchain and DLT.
“We’re hoping that the Malta Blockchain Summit will serve as a showcase for the ecosystem, and will justify the efforts made by the Maltese government on the legislative front. This is a great opportunity for stakeholders and all 5,000 delegates attending the event.”
Speakers at the summit are slated to include:
- Joseph Muscat – Maltese Prime Minister
- Scott Stornetta – PhD, Chief Scientist, Yūgen Partners
- Silvio Schembri – Parliamentary Secretary Financial Services
- John McAfee – C-Founder, McAfee Crypto Team and CEO – Luxcore
- Mike Butcher – Editor-at-Large – TechCrunch
- Sunny Dhillon – Partner – Signia Venture Partners
- Hartej Sawhney – Co-Founder and President of Hosho.io
- Ilya Smagin – Smart Contract Development Lead – Waves
- Miko Matsumura – Founder – Evercoin exchange
- Jon Matonis – Founder – Bitcoin Foundation
- Yida Gao – General partner – Divergence Digital Currency Fund
- Ana Trbovich – Energy Web Foundation Council Member & Grid Singularity Co-Founder
- Eva Kaili – Member of the European Parliament
- Eva Skornickova – Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Advisor
- Jaewoo Seo – Co-Founder & CEO – Cryptonity Exchange
- Ian Gauci – Partner – GTG advocates & Afilexion Alliance
- On Yavin – CEO – Cointelligence
- Felix Petersen – Managing Director – Samsung Next Europe
- Li Jiang – Vice President – GSV
A full list of speakers and more information can be found at the Malta Blockchain Summit site