Hard Rock looks to fully rebrand Cincinnati Casino by 2021. In an interview with The Cincinnati Enquirer last week, the president of the Hard Rock Cincinnati Casino, George Goldhoff, shed some light on when the famous guitar logo will actually pop up in the home of the funk master, Bootsy Collins.
The Pandemic COVID-19 has wreaked havoc with the company’s plans. “Given that we have been operating without an official brand, and without the 70,000 people typically downtown pre-COVID, to provide foot traffic to our casino, I am optimistic about introducing Hard Rock to Cincinnati next year once the pandemic is in our rearview mirror,” he said.
While the casino’s closure in the spring might have been an ideal time to make cosmetic branding changes inside the casino, the statewide shutdown also kept Hard Rock’s contractors from being able to work as well, he said.
Goldhoff also told the paper there was a question about where to place resources. The company chose to allocate those resources toward maintaining benefits for the
And while Ohio casinos have not closed for a second time, as they did in other states, they remain under a curfew ordered by Gov. Mike DeWine in November. That means the venue must shut down at 10 pm ET through at least next Sunday, Jan. 2. The restricted hours, plus limitations on capacity, have kept Hard Rock from bringing back its entire staff of 950. Goldhoff said that at present, the casino has about 400 workers.