FortuneZ is accepting applications from college students and graduates for its six-month unpaid editorial internship program. Interns work on a part-time, unpaid basis for 3 to 6 months and receive highly practical experience in a structured manner to learns the following skill-sets as part of the general workings of an international new media publication:
– story conceptualization
– critical reading and analysis
– fact checking
– editorial writing
– Collaborative work
Each intern works closely with an editor on one section of the magazine, takes part in the creation of the publication’s contents, and is encouraged to generate ideas and creatively contribute to the overall concept. Interns will be personally mentored, given hands on experience and be trained to become experts in the field of digital media.
FortuneZ reaches over 1-million unique international readers monthly. If you have an interest in business and journalism, we’re offering you a life-time opportunity of making fun memories and at the same time, picking up crucial career experiences.
If you are interested in working for part-time as an Editorial Intern, you will emerge from the program with several real-world tools toward securing of employment in part-time or another publication:
– Clear knowledge of the inner workings of a new media editorial department
– Collaborative experience in working with editorial team members
– Adaptability in research, conceptualization and writing style to suit a niche demographic
– Portfolio of polished, actual editorial contribution
– Professional references and resume content
– Our interns research and craft their own articles (which our editors will help to hone and enhance the piece)
– Assist editorial department in research for articles other than intern’s own.
– Conducting industry research.
– Research, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities
– Managing magazine’s Social Media accounts.
– Maintaining editorial databases.
– Coordinating follow-up for articles and content.
Candidates with academic qualifications from the mass communications and business are highly preferred for this position.
How to Apply:
In THREE paragraphs max, tell us:
– About yourself, background and education experience.
– Why you think you are suitable for FortuneZ.
– Your social media accounts and period of availability
– Attached your resume and send your application to “fortuneZinsider (at) gmail.com”.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Of course, if you are following us on social media @FortuneZinsider, that would increase your chances a little higher.