Hong Kong-based CLSA Premium Limited shareholders have decided against the business wind up of the forex broker for the second time while voting on a requisition proposal brought by one of the shareholders.
The voting process was completed on Wednesday. This is the second such voting as the majority of the shareholders squashed one of such similar proposals in July.
A shareholder, with approximately 14.75 percent of CLSA’s issued shared capital, moved both the requisition proposals, but it was rejected by a landslide both times.
Among the total of 1,501,865,046 casted votes, 1,201,865,046 votes, or 80.02 percent, were against approving the requisition proposal, while the rest, 19.98 percent votes, were in favor of the proposal.
The result echoed the first voting process on the CLSA business wind up, meaning the person, who moved the proposal, failed to convince anyone in the last five months to vote in favor of the requisition.
It is to be noted that, to pass the requisition proposal, the consent of at least 75 percent of the shareholders would be required.
CLSA Premium was previously known as KVB Kunlun; it rebranded itself last year. The brokerage is also facing troubles in New Zealand as the country’s regulator imposed additional conditions on CLSA’s derivatives issuer license due to failure in audit reporting.